Is it safe to take mangoes during pregnancy?yes one need to know .As mangoes are known to pack with majorly Vitamin A and C and also a great source of dietary fiber and beta carotene.Thanks to its many health benefits,but you are recommended to eat it in moderation
How they are helpful during pregnancy;
- Vitamin A
During pregnancy vitamin Ahelps in the embryonic growth of the fetus.It is also essential for eye and immune system development and aids in the development of heart, lungs, and kidneys.
Majority pregnant women suffer from constipation during the first trimester.Rich in fiber foods like mangoes will help prevent constipation.
- Vitamin C
Most importantly,vitamin C helps in absorption of iron in the body,whichis extremely essential forthe expecting mother. Vitamin C can also lower the risk of premature birth
As the blood volume increases during pregnancy,however potassium helps in maintain fluid and electrolyte balance.
It also sends nerve impulses,maintain muscle contraction and relieves pregnancy cramps
- Vitamin B6
Studies claim that Vitamin B6 can relieve you from morning sickness and nausea that is quite common during pregnancy.
Formation of red blood cells and neurotransmitters help grow your baby‘s brain and nervous system.
It helps for blood cells formation which is crucial and also maintains bone health during pregnancy.
Folate plays a major role for healthy baby during pregnancy
Hence proved, there is nothing wrong in eating mangoes during pregnancy.A very popular myth says not to eat mangoes during pregnancy as it increases body heat (thermogenesis).
But for mangoes it doesn’t seem as why were said that mango increases body heat and may harm the baby.Even papaya is being told as thermo genic of a myth.
Though mango is safe,but for certain pregnant mom need to take note here. Since mangoes have high carbohydrate content compared to other fruits,so doctors may ask women with high blood sugar to avoid it during pregnancy.
Mangoes also contain a resinous substance common from its peel which can irritate skin.It should be washed and clean properly before peeling or slicing the fruit,so that flesh is not contaminated with resin.
Take note the conditions to avoid mangoes in diet are if having blood sugar.
So having one or two small sized mangoes a day will not pose any health risk to normal pregnant mom.
If you have any doubt about eating this fruit please consult or dietician.
BENEFITS OF EATING RAW MANGOES
Raw mangoes have a sharp sour taste, generally green in colour, though the ripe variety is available in a number of coolers including yellow, orange, red or purple and the ripe mangoes are juicy and sweet to eat.One’s hormonal system can be enhanced by eating Raw Mangoes because it contains Vitamin A & E.
FOLLOWING ARE SOME USEFUL AND NATURAL BENEFITS OF UNRIPE MANGO:
- Eating raw mangoes with salt prevents the
excessive loss of water from the body and helps to quenches our thirst.
- It protects us from the negative effects of very high temperature.
- Drinking raw mango juice prevents the excessive loss of sodium chloride and iron during summer due to excessive sweating.
- Eating raw mangoes,a rich source of pectin, mixed with honey and salt is highly beneficial in treating gastro-intestinal disorders.It is also considered as very effective medicine for summer diarrhea, dysentery, piles, morning sickness, chronic dyspepsia, indigestion and constipation.
- Raw mangoes are extremely beneficial in treating blood disorders because of its high vitamin C content. It increases the elasticity of the blood vessels and helps the formation of new blood cells. It aids in the absorption of iron and prevents bleeding tendencies. It increases body resistance against tuberculosis, anemia, cholera and dysentery.
- Raw mangoes have more Antioxidants and Vitamin C than ripped mangoes.These antioxidant properties protects the body against cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
- Being rich source of Vitamin C, It improves stamina and helps to fight against diseases.
- boiled unripe mangoes juice mixed with sugar, cumin and pinch of salt helps to treat the prickly heat,sour throat and sun stroke in summer
We know excess of
anything is bad, so avoid eating raw mangoes in-excess. Their excessive intake
may cause throat irritation, indigestion, dysentery and abdominal colic.
One should, therefore, not consume more than one or two green mangoes daily. Do not eat raw mango without draining its sap. The intake of sap may cause gastro- intestinal, throat, and mouth infection.