But do we have any threat from summers?
It is cool to have fun in summers especially when we talk about long summer holidays.
Who wants to go outside and have all the fun possible?
Yeah, we know… All of you.
Summering is really fun. You can have “cool activities” to make your holidays special.
Outside partying and having sun baths near beaches are most wanted and loved activities.
There is a bad news.
Summer can cause harm to your skin if not protected properly.
We said if not protected properly.
But of course, we can’t let you miss the fun so we have some skin care tips to offer which can ensure your protection from excess heat and damage to the skin.
But first, you should know what problems, excess heat, and direct sunlight can cause to your skin.
Summer Damages and Skin Care Tips to Reduce Them
Sunshine may seem fantastic near beaches where it sparkles on water but it is not as innocent as a shiny pearl. Direct exposure to sunlight can cause many problems.
Although UV rays are important for making vitamin D in our body but too much exposure to sunlight can cause serious damages as UV has both negative and positive effects.
Here are some of the damages that direct sunlight exposure can do but don’t worry we have tips to ensure minimal damage.
1. Dry Skin and Dehydration
Excess heat on our body can cause sweat which drains out a considerable amount of body waters. We need to charge up our body frequently with liquids. Loss of water from the body can lead to dehydration and dry skin. Dry skin looks odd and can cause rashes and inflammation too.
Skincare Tips to Fight Dehydration:
- Drink a lot of water to keep yourself hydrated and fresh.
- Take a water bottle with you whenever you go outside.
- Always use moisturizer on your skin to retain your moisture.
- Drink beverages which produce cool effects on the body like mint juices or sugar can juice etc.
- Use the umbrella to protect skin from direct exposure.
Sun are a big summer hit and people love to enjoy time under the sun but excess temperatures can cause sunburns. It is harmful to keep your skin under direct sunlight for a long time. Direct summer heat and exposure to the sun can also lead to blisters, rashes, and uneven skin tone.
Summer Tips to Fight Sun Tans:
- Always use sunscreen while going out and even before swimming or during taking a sun bath.
- Reapply sunscreen after some hours no matter how much protection it offers.
- Wear light airy clothes which cover the whole body.
- Try to sit under shades or umbrella.
- Cover your face as well.
- Use facial and body masks to lessen sun tans.
- Take a bath with Multani Mitti body wash to fight the heat.
Dehydration can cause the skin to lose its elasticity. Which can cause wrinkles and aging and no one wants that of course. Crow feet and lines appear on the aged skin which is totally unacceptable and can make you look decades older.
Skin Care Tips for the Summer to Fight Wrinkles:
- Stay hydrated as much as possible. It will keep your skin radiant and healthy.
- Use a good moisturizer
- Use face packs to hydrate your skin.
- Eat food rich in antioxidants to prevent oxidative damage to skin cells.
Blackheads and brown spots are ugly to look and difficult to handle. Excess UVrays on the skin can cause freckles and brown spots. Freckles are harmless but if miss treated or ignored then it may lead to other severe skin problems like acne or even melanoma.
Summer Care Tips to Fight Freckles:
- Stay hydrated
- Cover your body properly under the sun
- Use lotions and sunscreens while going out
- Wear sunglasses and use an umbrella
- Use homemade face packs to reduce freckles and brown spots
- Keep yourself clean and take bath regularly.
- Avoid going out in dust and pollution.
5. Skin Cancer
Sunlight may seem soothing to the body but UV rays in sun can cause serious damage to your body. And by serious we mean even skin cancer. Too much direct exposure is harmful.
Skin Care Tips to Prevent Skin Cancer:
- Protect your body from long sunlight exposures
- Keep yourself hydrated
- Keep yourself clean.
- Take bath daily as dirt and pollution may cause fungal attacks on skin.
- Always take precautionary measures before going out in direct sunlight.
- Avoid going out in high temperatures or in the afternoon when sun and temperature both are high.
With these simple summer care tips and precautions, you can protect yourself effectively from damages that sun rays can do. So reduce your summer risks and double up your fun.