Steroid side Effects:
Steroids are the organic compounds also known as life saving drugs because they have many uses and doctors prescribe steroids to control many human disorders. Steroids are categorized into two basic groups
- Anabolic Steroid
First group of steroids is a set of synthetic hormones that improve the efficiency of body while controlling dissolution of cells. That is why many athletes use steroids to increase their stamina to play and to improve their performance while corticosteroids include Corti Sone that are effective to reduce inflammation. But along with the uses of steroids there are many side effects of steroids that are described below.
- Steroid excessive intake badly affects our hormonal system as it increases or decreases the growth of hormones that creates irreversible health problems. Our body stays stable in a state that is known as “homeostasis”; a balanced state and excess of steroids destroy our hormonal system.
- Anabolic steroids affect the filtration system of the body and without filtration the injurious wastes mix into bloodstream that causes various problems. The liver performs the function of filtration so usage of steroids damages your liver and stomach.
- Due to steroids, the enzymes breakdown stops and their amount keeps on increasing that pressurize the liver.
- Athletes use steroids to be active and play well. Their body becomes habitual of steroids and when they stop the usage of steroids it makes their body unable to perform its functions properly. It is also revealed by a study in 1999 that steroids also affect the immunity system.
- As cholesterols are of two types, one is HDL (high density lipoproteins) cholesterol and other one is LDL (low density lipoproteins) cholesterol. Use of steroids effects the production of cholesterol. It increases the production of LDL and lowers down the production of HDL. Anabolic steroids increase the Estrogen level in the body, which disturbs the functioning of many systems of the body like development of breast tissues in males.
- Human body systems are interrelated that means the disturbance in one system creates imbalance in other systems of the body. For example, steroids create hormonal imbalance which causes skin problems like acne, wrinkles and dark spots.
- Renal failure is another side effect of the steroids. Intake of steroids affects the kidney filtration ability that leads to eth renal failure. So always try to avoid excessive usage of steroids.