Osteoporosis is the disease of bones due to which bones become frail and thin, commonly found in both men and women but the ratio of this disorder is high in women than men. This disease is widespread in the people of old age i.e. 45 – 55 years. Osteoporosis named as a “silent disease” because there is not any clear symptoms of it.
Deficiency of calcium is the main reason of this disorder and the bones become weak. It affects the whole skeleton of the body but it adversely hit the back bone, leg joints, arm joints and the bones become lean enough that they cannot bear the slight weight. According to a research, almost 9.91 million people are suffering from osteoporosis and out of this figure 7, 91 million are women. Following are the reasons of this painful disease.
- Old age is itself a lethal disease that invites many other problems. Women, those are careless about the diet have more chances to get this illness because unhealthy diet means low calcium and low calcium cause osteoporosis.
- Hormonal changes can be the cause of this disorder.
- Poor digestive system and kidney problems damage the bones tissues.
- Osteoporosis can be derived from the negative effects of other diseases.
- One should be careful while using the medicines because various medicines have side effects that create problems of bones.
- Alcohol can cause osteoporosis.
Symptoms of Osteoporosis:
It is a silent disease that does not show any clear symptoms. Pain in back bone and joints is one of the symptoms of osteoporosis. The patient should take care of his / her diet to avoid this problem and go for regular checkup after the age of 40.
- Your daily diet should include the food that provides at least 1300 mg of calcium daily. Milk, green vegetables and fish are the rich source of calcium.
- Exercise daily for 30 – 40 minutes; especially weight burning exercise, it makes your muscles and bones strong and active.
- Vitamin D is healthy for the bones and joints, so try to maintain the required amount of it. Sunlight is the natural source of vitamin D.
- Pregnant ladies should drink 1500 mg milk daily to meet the calcium requirement of the body.
- Natural air has best affect for the osteoporosis patients.
- Parents should take care of the diet of their children, especially of girls.