When person’s Systolic pressure falls below normal then blood pressure also falls and when blood pressure falls below normal, less blood circulates to the vital organs of the body like heart, lungs and liver. This is referred as low blood pressure. The heart, which pumps blood into arteries, generates blood pressure; but less blood is supplied to the heart when a person is suffering from Low Blood Pressure leading to less amount of blood supply to all the parts of the body. When less blood is supplied to the important parts of the body kidney, lungs and brain they will not function normally and they might be temporarily or permanently damaged. The good news for people suffering from Low Blood pressure is that they tend to live longer than the people suffering from high or even normal blood pressure.
Low Blood Pressure Symptoms
- Most of the people with lower blood pressure don’t have any sudden symptoms. Some of the symptoms that can be taken into account are as follow:
Patient feels lazy and weak.
- Light headache and temporary blindness
- Panic attacks
- Sudden change in heart beats and finding hard to breath
- Feeling lightheaded, dizzy, or even faint as less oxygen and nutrients and oxygen is supplied to brain as a result it stops responding.
- Suddenly standing up while sitting or lying.
- A sudden shock and this is also a most threatening symptom. Shock occurs because persistently low blood pressure causes organs to fail rapidly.
Low Blood Pressure Causes
There are many causes of low blood pressure some of them are listed below.
- When sugar levels of a diabetes patient rises then blood pressure falls down to a critical point.
- Dehydration is the major cause of low blood pressure. Patients suffering from diseases like diarrhea and vomiting are likely to suffer from Low Blood Pressure as a lot of water is lost in diarrhea and vomiting.
- Bleeding also drops down the blood pressure level of the body.
- Weak heart muscle cause heart to pump the blood with less pressure thus it results in low blood pressure.
- A slow heart rate can also decrease the amount of the blood pumped by the heart.
- Excessive usage of alcohol also drops down the blood pressure of the body.
Low Blood Pressure Cures
The best way to cure the Low Blood Pressure is to find the root cause of low blood pressure. It is always useful to consult the doctor but here we will mention little measure that can be taken into account.
- Drink as much water as possible because if low blood pressure is caused be dehydration then its only cure is to drink a lot water to pull the body back to the normal water level.
- Salt can also be used but don’t use it excessively because it can also increase the blood pressure.
- Eating food full of vitamins and proteins is also helpful.