Eyeliner enhances the beauty and attraction of eyes. In earlier times, women used to use Kohl or ‘Surma’ for this purpose. Though presently, the use of eyeliner has become so common not only because it is easy to apply but also because if applied properly, it can make your eyes look bigger. In eye makeup products, eyeliner is mainly available in two shades i.e. black and brown. Black eyeliner has a more classic and formal look to it whereas brown eyeliner has a comparatively more casual effect and can be used on a daily basis.
In order to cater to various market needs, eyeliners now are available in different mediums including pencil liner, gel liners and liquid liners. Pencil eyeliner is easier to apply and so is gel eyeliner when compare to liquid one. The application of liquid eyeliner is the most difficult because it is more difficult to handle. Hence, you should have basic knowledge of how to apply liquid eyeliner with precision.
- First of all, be careful while choosing your eyeliner. The shade of your eyeliner must be in accordance with the color of your hair. If you have black hair, you must opt for black eyeliner and if you have brown hair, brown is the right shade for you in eyeliners.
- To apply liquid eyeliner, line your eye from the inside of lashes outward in one big sweep. If you want instead of inside, you can start from middle of your lash line outward and then finish the inner corner of the eye to the middle.
- If you want your eyes to appear big and bright then after applying eyeliner on the upper lid, line your outer corner of eye using an eyeliner brush or a white eyebrow pencil.
- Usually eyeshade is applied first and secondary to that eyeliner is applied but according to professional beauticians eyeliner must be applied first and eyeshade latter.
- If you use mascara in the same color as your eyeliner, then you can achieve a more natural look. Hence, it is suggested to have eyeliner and mascara in same shade.
- While applying liquid eyeliner, make sure that you do not apply too much of it. If you apply a heavy coat, it will look shabby and also it will not make a very precise line.
- After applying first coat, wait for 5 to 10 sec for it to get dried. Then, apply the second coat.
- Try to line your eye as close to your lash line as possible.
- Look in the mirror and compare both eyes. Make the little corrections, if any, using Kohl pencil.
- To be in the safe side, try to change your liquid eyeliner every six months to avoid infectious bacteria.
Although applying liquid eyeliner is comparatively difficult but you can get skilled at it in less time, if you follow the guidelines stated above.