Genghis Khan was Mongolian Emperor and a savage warrior. He invaded many states and conquered them continuously. He has largest army in the world at that time.He extended his empire limits in east to central and northeast Asia, in west to eastern Europe, in west to Egypt and Armenia. During his reign his empire covered the land of 12 million square kilometers a size of a complete continent. Genghis Khan was notorious for his barbarism and victories in every war.
In his lifetime he uttered many quotes with his experience in life and wars. Today we are discussing these quotes.
Genghis Khan Quotes about Himself
Genghis Khan founded the second largest empire this world had ever seen. In the strive of conquest of so many countries he experienced many things and become stronger and more sagacious. That’s why he told very much about himself and his decisions which drives him to that extent.
- “Despite all expectations, the time of my last campaign and of my passing is near. I wish to die at home. Let not my end disarm you, and on no account weep for me, lest the enemy be warned of my death.” – Genghis Khan
- “Heaven has appointed me to rule all the nations, for hitherto there has been no order upon the steppes.” – Genghis Khan
- “I am the punishment of God… If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” – Genghis Khan
- “When my call is high, the obligations of me, too, are heavy, and I fear that my decision may be something they want.” – Genghis Khan
- “With Heaven’s aid I have conquered for you a huge empire. But my life was too short to achieve the conquest of the world. That task is left for you.” – Genghis Khan
- “I’m going by the law, so that peace and happiness in the world there are hard and fast rule.” – Genghis Khan “It is not sufficient that I suceed – all others must fail.” – Genghis Khan
- “If lies can show the truth, they can be the truth, they can cause the truth, so I may build an empire on lies, but they are the truth.” – Genghis Khan “Say ye unto the Khwarezmians that I am the sovereign of the sunrise, and
the sovereign of the sunset. Let there be between us a firm treaty of friendship, amity, and peace, and let traders and caravans on both sides come and go.” – Genghis Khan
- “In the space of seven years I have succeeded in accomplishing a great work and uniting the whole world in one Empire.” – Genghis Khan
- “If my body dies, let my body die, but do not let my country die.” – Genghis Khan
- “Perhaps my children will live in stone houses and walled towns Not I.” – Genghis Khan
- “Heaven grew weary of the excessive pride and luxury of China… I am from the Barbaric North. I wear the same clothing and eat the same food as the cowherds and horse-herders. We make the same sacrifices and we share.. our riches. I look upon the nation as a new-born child and I care for my soldiers as though they were my brothers.” – Genghis Khan
Genghis Khan Quotes on Bravery
To conquer the world one of the most important adjective is to brave. Genghis Khan was braveand savage emperor and he tells other the importance of bravery in life.
- “The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy, to drive him before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters.” – Genghis Khan
- “If you’re afraid – don’t do it, – if you’re doing it – don’t be afraid!” – Genghis Khan
- “The greatest happiness is to vanquish your enemies, to chase them.” – Genghis Khan
Genghis Khan Quotes on Ruling
Genghis Khan exclusively rules the second largest empire in the history of world. Nobody on this planet can have such experience of ruling such a great empire which Genghis Khan had. He uttered some intellectual quotes about ruling during his era
- “If lies can show the truth, they can be the truth, they can cause the truth, so I may build an empire on lies, but they are the truth.” – Genghis Khan
- “Conquering the world on horseback is easy; it is dismounting and governing that is hard.” – Genghis Khan
- “All who surrender will be spared; whoever does not surrender but opposes with struggle and dissension, shall be annihilated.” – Genghis Khan
- “Those who were brave and skilled colleagues military commanders. Those who were quick and agile horse breeders, those who have not sent me a small whip and had to shepherd…” – Genghis Khan
- “Those who were adept and brave fellows I have made military commanders. Those who were quick and nimble I have made herders of horses. Those who were not adept I have given a small whip and sent to be shepherds.” – Genghis Khan
- “I will rule them by fixed laws so that rest and happiness shall prevail in the world.” – Genghis Khan
Genghis Khan Quotes on Self Organization and Self Belief
To conquer others, firstly you had to conquer yourself, you had to be self-organized to take handle complex situations. These quotes by Genghis Khan are on self-believing and organizing.
- “An action committed in anger is an action doomed to failure.” – Genghis Khan
- “A man’s greatest work is to break his enemies, to drive them before him, to take from them all the things that have been theirs, to hear the weeping of those who cherished them.” – Genghis Khan
- “Be of one mind and one faith, that you may conquer your enemies and lead long and happy lives.” – Genghis Khan
- “It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.” – Genghis Khan
- “A single arrow arrows that can be easily broken, but many are indestructible.” – Genghis Khan
- “If unable to abstain from drinking, a man may get drunk three times a month; if he does it more than three times he is culpable; if he gets drunk twice a month it is better; if once a month, this is still more laudable; and if one does not drink at all what can be better? But where can I find such a man? If such a man were found he would be worthy of the highest esteem.” – Genghis Khan
- “The Root of Wild Madder.” – Genghis Khan
Apart from his barbarism and his brutal doings he was a great emperor and army leader. He died in thirteenth century but he is alive in minds of people today.