Nature is abundant with fruits and vegetables that are essential for healthy growth and
Eating fruits and vegetables can help you lose weight and burn fat. According to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, “reducing overall calorie and fat intake by eating more fruits and vegetables is an effective strategy for managing body weight while controlling hunger.” It has been proved through numerous research and studies that certain fruits and vegetables help boost your metabolism and increase the body’s fat-burning potential.
Those fruits that are high in fiber keep you feeling fuller longer, regulate blood sugar and aid digestion. Hence they are great if you want to reduce fat in the body. This include:
- Lemons: Lemons have a high concentration of vitamin C which helps boost metabolism and assists the liver in metabolizing fat cells.
- Apples: Apples are high in fiber (4.4 grams of fiber) and low in sugar. Further, they are rich in antioxidants.
- Avocado: Avocados boost metabolism due to their high monounsaturated fat content. They also help the body use up fat stores required for energy to break down food for digestion.
- Grapefruit: Grapefruits are packed with enzymes and vitamin C, which make this fruit a fat-burning favorite.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are full of polyphenols, an antioxidant that has many health benefits and prevents harmful chemical reactions in the body. They are a great way to promote fat loss in the body especially belly fat.
Certain vegetables are metabolism-boosting fuel. To promote fat burning in the body, make them an essential part of your diet. They include:
- Chili peppers: The ingredient, Capsaicin, in chili peppers, causes an increase in the body temperature and rate of metabolism.
- Broccoli: Broccoli also called a nutritional powerhouse since it is high in fiber, vitamin A, calcium and vitamin C. Moreover, a nutrient in broccoli called sulforaphane, also helps cells burn fat effectively.
- Garlic: Garlic contains a compound that boosts metabolism and helps the body burn fat quickly.
- Lentils: Lentils are high in fiber and protein, thus a great way to burn fat as well as improve digestion.
- Kale: Kale is a good source of protein, fiber, and calcium. It is the one green that should always be a part of your meal.
- Sweet Potatoes: Sweet potatoes contain vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, vitamin E, and iron. They are high in fiber and low in fat. They also have a low glycemic index, which means that the fiber in sweet potatoes slows the release of carbohydrates into the bloodstream, hence leading to weight control, weight loss and fat burning.
Hence, fruits and vegetables are a natural way to reduce excess fat in the body as well as enrich the body with necessary vitamins and minerals, thus not depriving it off its required nutrition needed per day.