The ninth month of Islamic calendar is the most important month for the Muslims of the whole world. People fast the whole day from sunrise till sunset and do not eat or drink anything. The research and modern medical research has shown that there are many healthy benefits of fasting and this activity for the whole month leads towards the physical purification of the body. When your body is starved of food for a long time it starts burning the fats in order to take energy but if the period of starvation gets too long the body start consuming the proteins of the muscles for the gaining the energy in order to perform vital functions. This is very unhealthy so you need to make a diet plan during the whole month so that you might not get ill.
You must add following things in your daily meals.
Dates are the best source of energy especially in the month of Ramadan when you cannot continue your routine diet plan. Dates contain glucose and fructose that help to maintain the blood sugar level.
Another very useful product is raw and unfiltered honey. It is a rich source of energy and also has some antibacterial effects which help you in keeping yourself healthy.
Fish should be the most essential part of your meal. It has many advantages like it improves your mental health and brain functioning. It also helps to improve your cardiovascular health.
Figs contain fiber and they are also alkaline in nature. Thus they help to maintain the level of ph in your body. They make your body less acidic and thus you can stay healthy.
Olive oil is the best food ever. It contains omega 9 and thus it increases the good cholesterol in our body and reduces the amount of bad cholesterol that damages our health. It also has many antioxidant effects.
Following diet plan should be used in Sehar and Iftar meal time.
- Drink plenty of water
- Consume food rich in proteins, fats and carbohydrates
- Eat egg whites
- Eat slices with topping of peanut butter
- Chicken breast
- 3 to 4 dates
- Oat meal is rich source of fibers and make you feel less hungry
- Honey, protein shake and bananas
- Olive oil
- You can also take multi vitamin supplements.
Iftar is the best time of rehydrating your body
- Take proteins in Iftar too
- Eat 3 to 5 dates
- Drink plenty of water and hydrate yourself
- Consume milk and milk products
- Workout for about 30 to 45 min daily after Iftar meals
You should avoid following some things in your diet during the whole month.
- Fried and fatty foods
- Avoid sodium rich foods like soup, sauces and canned meat
- Do not take salt and salty foods like pickles and salted nuts as the dehydrate your body
- Avoid sugar rich foods.
- You need to avoid overeating also
- Do not take in caffeine in Sehar like tea or coffee.