Healthy diet is necessary for healthy skin because skin needs proteins, minerals and vitamins and skin can get these nutrients from healthy food. Therefore, if you want to have shiny skin then it is important to take care of your diet.
Here are some tips of skin expert Dr Fozia Malik to guide you about the diet plan for glowing skin.
- Balance diet is important for fresh and attractive skin. There is a need to plan a healthy diet plan, which should be minerals and proteins enriched.
- The skin requires an optimum quantity of fats but the food with heavy fats is harmful for the skin. So, one should avoid the food items that have heavy fats such as red meat, fried fish and sweet dishes. Avoid cakes, ice creams, chocolates and candies because all these things make the skin dull.
- Alcoholic products are also very dangerous for the skin and these products can damage the skin tissues and cells.
- Fresh fruits and seasonal vegetables are very good for glowing skin because both provide the nutrients that are needed by the skin.
- Vitamin C is very beneficial for skin and many vitamin C enriched fruits are available in the market like orange, guava, mango, strawberry, grapes etc. Vegetables that have vitamin C are tomato, cabbage, green chili etc. lemon is the vital source of Vitamin C that makes the skin fair and reduces the chances of skin cancer. Some other foods that provide vitamin C to the body are potato, meat or fried tomato.
- Eggs have lecithin and proteins that are required for the cell walls of your skin. Eggs make your skin young and wrinkles free.
- Sufficient sleeping hours are necessary for young and clean skin. Peaceful sleep of 6 to 8 hours is advised by the skin specialist. It keeps you healthy and young for the longer period.
- Regular exercise and morning walk is very good for health and participation in sports can do the same.
- During pregnancy and delivery, there are chances of the pregnancy marks. Therefore, to avoid these marks take healthy food and proper rest. You should also apply sunscreen cream and lotion before going in sunlight.
Pomegranates are known as natural antioxidants that have healthy nutrients to make your skin to glow. Pomegranates also act as sunscreen agents to protect the skin from harmful rays of sun and also prevent many diseases like asthma, cancer, poor appetite etc.