Healthy Weight Loss: A lot of people try to lose weight but fewer people lose weight and keep it off forever. This happens for many reasons. Sometimes people want and try to lose too much weight too fast. Or sometimes they try to follow a wrong food plan that isn’t how they can eat for a long term. Reality is to lose weight in a healthy way and it’s not easy to learn how to keep it off.
Set Your Goals
First of all set a realistic weight loss goal. Think about losing 5, 10 or 15 pounds if you are obsessed. One of the goals should be to lose a few pounds slowly and be able to keep it for a long time. Here are some tips to help you achieve goals.
• Choose an appropriate time to start when you think life is calm and in control if possible.
• Do a self-check and self-control on what and when you eat. Keep sincere food records for about a week. You can also write down everything you eat or drink.
• Don’t look for a magi diet as they don’t exist. You’ll do better if you base eating habits on what you found out in your food records.
• Be ready to modify your food habits and perhaps your family’s food habits as well for good. Say goodbye to several of your unhealthy habits and food choices.
• Do physical activities with a self-check. How much exercise do you do? How can you work more into your day?
Be Ready to Start
Here are some instructions to help you get ready to start your healthy lifestyle changes.
- Learn about how much you should eat healthy.
- Get suggestions for how to make healthy eating occur in your life.
- Clear the refrigerator of those tempting items.
- Stock your kitchen with healthier foods. If you have plenty of fruits and vegetable then it will make it easier for you to eat them. Don’t keep the fatty foods and sweets at all.
- Use soups, fruits, salads and raw vegetables to fill up. Eating fewer calories doesn’t mean having an empty plate. It is very important to feel full for success.
Benefits of Weight Loss
There are too many benefits of losing weight. Here are just a few of them. Some of them improve your health and others make you feel better. As you are ready to lose weight, make a complete list of how losing some pounds will benefit you. Lower blood glucose if your blood glucose is higher than normal.
- Lower your blood pressure if blood pressure is higher than normal.
- Develop your blood fats if they are not in a healthy range.
- Lighten the pressure on your hips, feet, ankles, and knees.
- Have more energy in your body.
How Does Your Weight Stack Up?
These days’ health care providers use a measure called BMI, Body Mass Index. This provides you a good measure of your total body fat. BMI compares your height with your weight. It shows you if you are underweight, healthy weight, or overweight. Check out what your BMI is with the help of the BMI calculator.
Between 18.5 – 24.9
Between 25 – 29.9
Now look at the BMI chart to find out how much weight you need to lose to shift from obese to overweight or from overweight into a healthy range. Knowing this can assist you set a good weight loss goal.